Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The People Under the Shed Stairs

Not much accomplished this past weekend. I gotta kick it up a notch so I can at least get a coat of primer on this thing before winter sets in, so expect a flurry (pun intended) of activity in the coming weeks.

Sunday afternoon I managed to start my stairs. I got sidetracked however and didn't really get anything done.

Future home of the stairs. Yes, the blocks are not level. I haven't set them in the ground yet.



Layout of one stringer on a piece of 2x10. I spent hours consulting web sites and books and drawing this on paper to make sure I got it right. Yes, your eyes deceive you not, my framing square is rusted. Its hard to see when its lying on the ground and it got left out in the rain.



One stringer done. I thought for sure I would screw it up somehow, and then have to make up some excuse about how I meant to do it that way, but luckily it came out perfect. Yes, my handsaw is rusted. Its hard to see when its lying on the ground and it got left out in the rain. And no, I did not cut this entire thing out with a handsaw. I slapped a new blade in my much maligned circular saw and zipped through it like butter. The handsaw is just for finishing the inside corners.



Two more stringers to go and then I can start attaching them to the shed.

No comments: