Monday, April 28, 2008

Shed: Part I

This will be the first in a series of posts about the shed that I began this past weekend. I've never tackled a project this big, so, no doubt, it'll get interesting.

I dug holes for the concrete piers that I will be putting in. As soon as I dug them they filled in with water. Just like at the beach.

I knew that this part of my yard was always damp for 9 months out of the year, but this I wasn't expecting. With rain all day today, the holes are completely full. I might have to wait a while.




3 comments:

Pete said...

just slop some cement mix in there and you're all set

pilgrimchick said...

Wow. That looks like quite a problem. Did you try splashing in the water for fun to alleviate any resulting frustration?

gagknee said...

i didn't, but i did use the clay that i dug out of the hole, to make little clay balls that i throw at my neighbors dog when he won't stop barking.

its fun to throw them at night. darkness adds a little challenge. if i miss, he stops barking for awhile just because he is trying to find what i threw. if i hit him he stops barking, because, well, i was an outfielder, and i can still throw pretty hard.