Friday, March 27, 2009

The Day the Music Died

I've long (well, as long as the commercials have been on the air) been fascinated with the ShamWow guy. You know who I am talking about. The fast talking, brooklyn accented, appliance tossing, fake headset wearing purveyor of such items as absorbent towels, vegetable choppers and cheese graters. In my opinion he deserves an Emmy for best late night commercial. If they had such a thing. Get this, I even saw him doing the ShamWow commercial on the Spanish channel. It wasn't subtitled or dubbed. It was him. Speaking spanish!

THAT is talent.

But, alas, in this day and age, its dangerous to have heroes. They just break your heart with alleged prostitute solicitation and domestic violence, just like Roger Clemens. I swore I would never make that mistake twice. Damn you, ShamWow guy, damn you.

No comments: