Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fabulous Movie Review©

Tropic Thunder
Released: 2008
Rating: R (Restricted)
Length: 1 hr 47 mins
Genre: Action, Comedy
Starring: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Nick Nolte, Steve Coogan
Directed by: Ben Stiller
Producer: Brian Taylor, Eric McLeod, Justin Theroux
Writer: Justin Theroux, Etan Cohen
Tropic Thunder is the kind of movie that will make you smile but not laugh. I can't remember any laugh out loud moments. The "trailers" at the beginning were funny, I may have laughed out loud at those, but I won't admit it to anyone.

I fell asleep watching this movie twice, it took me 3 tries to get through this movie. I was pretty disappointed with it. It was supposed to be a spoof of over the top action movies, but at times (most of the time) I felt like I was watching some half-baked 1980s rescue POWs from Vietnam movie.

Robert Downy Jr. was awesome. I had a hard time believing that it was really him. And, I don't care if its politically correct or not, the retard movie was fuuuuny.

Overall, worth watching, but don't get your hopes up.
6.5 out of 10

No comments: