Monday, February 08, 2010

Where Were You?

The little voice inside my head was taking a nap when I suddenly got the urge to fix the loose bathtub faucet. Due to the idiosyncrasies of tri-level architecture the plumbing for the upstairs bathroom tub is only accessible in the small stairwell going down to the lowest level. Oh, and of course there was no access panel.


So, anyway, the hoopleheads who did the plumbing in my house didn't attach the faucet pipe to anything. It was just flapping in the breeze and because of accessibility* issues I couldn't really fix it the right way. At least its better than it was. I'll leave it for the next guy.

My youngest kids have never seen me tear into a wall with reckless abandon before. They were amazed. I told the youngest I was making him a new bedroom. Ah, the look on his face...

*Ideally, it would have been attached to something before the backer board and tile was put in. I know, I know. That's just crazy talk.

2 comments:

Pete said...

one time, my dad tore into the wall next to the stairs because the underside of our bathroom cabinets was rotting out. He ended up replacing a beam and the bottom half of the studs in the wall. that was maybe 6 years ago, and there is still no sheetrock there. but he did a really nice job of stapling plastic in its place.

gagknee said...

hey, you never know when those studs will need replacing again