Monday, October 09, 2006

America's Greatest Sport Besides Baseball

I played dodge ball yesterday. When I play I don't take it easy. I don't sit back by the wall like a sissy. I'm right up front. Eyes peeled. Every ball that comes my way I grab and huck back at the opposing team as hard as I can.

Fifteen minutes into the game I thought I was dying. I couldn't breathe. My heart was pounding out of my chest and my head was filled with helium. Tunnel vision is a symptom of a heart attack, right? When did I get so old? I played through the pain though. That's what a man does.

I got hit square in the face too. It was a good old fashioned saliva and snot flying smack, too. In slow motion it would be reminiscent of Rocky getting pummeled by Clubber Lang or Apollo Creed. I'm not complaining about that, Buddha knows I've hit many kids, teens and adults in the face (many times on purpose), but I was a little embarassed that's all.

Today, my right shoulder can barely move. My hip joints are sore, and my left leg from the buttock down to the hamstrings is in P.A.I.N.

Again, when did I get so old? I need to start jogging or something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang that sounds like fun. Do you play in a league or was this just a pick up game with some friends?

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...

Chick-fil-A holds a charity dodgeball tournaments... you could give something back by hitting people in the face.

gagknee said...

it was fun. it was a game between two church youth groups. i got to go because my brother is the youth pastor . It would be cool if there was a coed winter league or something.

rob, yet another reason to fall in love all over again with chick-fil-A