Monday, October 09, 2006

Gagknee! on the Computer

When I first heard of Panic! at the Disco I immediately thought, "Wow what a clever name. Those guys are so clever." I mean, inserting a piece of punctuation where it doesn't belong and also subtley making fun of a genre of music that as far as I know hasn't been made fun of before. That's great. You guys rule.

No. Wait a minute. What am I saying? I never thought that. You suck. Get off my radio. Go back to playing high school dances in the midwest. If I hear your lilting effeminate voice and "slappy" drums one more time through my speakers I am going to stick the sharp end of multiple pencils in my ears, nose and throat. Maybe you and Snow Patrol and Fall Out Boy and Dashboard Confessional could have a Battle of the Bands or something. That would be far out.

I find solace in knowing that in a year or two you will join the ranks of other flavor of the day bands from various decades and be nothing but a joke that people will laugh about.

"Can you believe we actually listened to that crap?"

"Yeah, what were we thinking?"

No comments: