Saturday, February 07, 2009

J.W. Longaberger Eat Your Heart Out*

My company, in my opinion, is very dysfunctional. I know, I know everybody thinks their company is dysfunctional, but my company's dysfunction is different than your typical corporate environment.

I can't really effectively describe all of the idiosyncrasies that I feel make my company the Bundys of the business world, but I can provide a picture that I think sums it up pretty well.

Its a wicker basket on the floor of the men's bathroom in one of the stalls that is filled with mostly used rolls of toilet paper and, occasionally, magazines. Since I started at this company a year ago, the basket has been there. The amount of content fluctuates. Sometimes there are magazines. Sometimes its filled to the brim with rolls of TP. Sometimes it's almost empty.

Regardless, it's pretty disgusting.

One of these days I am going to don a pair of chemical resistant gloves and burn it outside somewhere.

 

*Where did the phrase "eat your heart out" come from? It's pretty bizarre when you think about it.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

it's probably a 'shakespeare-an' phrase.

gagknee said...

ah, yeah, you're probably right. in other shakespeare-an news, this is pretty funny, and insult generator