Monday, February 09, 2009

Pumphouse Park

The weather outside yesterday was, in the words of my favorite English scholar, awesome. So, we went to visit a park that we haven't been to before. One of the great things about Richmond is its abundance of parks. Many of them are filled with history, and if you know me, you know I love history. Pumphouse Park is no exception. From the Gothic Revival architecture of the actual pumphouse to the remains of the canal, this is probably my new favorite park. I plan to come back next with my fishing pole. I've heard there's great fishing in the canals.

Here's a few of the pictures I took:

The rest can be viewed here if you are so inclined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where were the kids?

gagknee said...

they were there. i just didn't get any pictures of them.