Friday, June 18, 2010

Brokota

The Dakota broke this morning on the way to work. It sprung a leak in one of its salt-cured brake lines. I've replaced a few short ones on this thing recently which were a pain but not really too bad, but this one is a long one. It goes from the master cylinder down to the frame then it takes a sharp turn right, continues to the front of the truck, takes another sharp turn right, and goes underneath the radiator to the other side of the truck. Another sharp turn and its at the passenger side caliper. Should be fun. And by fun I mean not fun. I may just cut out the bad section and splice in a piece. Then put the Brokota on craigslist.

Luckily, I wasn't traveling down the highway when my brakes let go. I was in a parking lot about to look at a 1992 Buick Roadmaster station wagon. Yes, there is some irony there.

It looked exactly like this:


Sweeet.

6 comments:

Pete said...

the wagoneer is way better looking

pilgrimchick said...

Ugh--good thing you were in a parking lot.

Rob said...

I wonder if that dealer takes trade ins...

gagknee said...

oh, i would keep the wagoneer. the buick would become my reliable daily driver :)

yes, it was good to be in the parking lot. i don't even want to imagine the carnage had i been trying to come to a stop from 50 mph at a red light.

my wife balked at the idea of the buick. i may still go talk to the dealer. an even trade perhaps?

Anonymous said...

ironically, that dealer was the victim of a break-in that same night

gagknee said...

interesting, anonymous. maybe he should put barbed wire around his parking lot like some of the other dealers in that part of town