Monday, June 07, 2010

Cardinal Rule

I broke the cardinal rule of plumbing last night. Never start a plumbing project after all the stores are closed.

Any plumbing project takes a minimum of two trips to the store. I thought I needed three 45s and a 90, but as it turned out I needed 4 45s. I'm off to Home Depot now to get this finished before work (these are the drains for our upstairs bathroom sinks and bathtub...).

In case you are wondering why I am doing this, its because I ripped out half of the soffit because I discovered that our ducts did not fill up the entire space. The plumbing needed to be slightly rerouted though.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this your b-day present to you?

rburnsy said...

One never has all the things that they need to do a "quick" project.

gagknee said...

yeah, i'm so thoughtful.

so true, rich, so true

Rob said...

Today's the big day isn't it?

Can I have a window unit for my garage?

gagknee said...

oh, i've got them on craigslist right now. the two small ones are already gone.

Rob said...

Can't argue with Craigslist. I'll just steal one off your neighbor's lawn.

Big A said...

Whenever I do a plumbing project, I always buy twice as many connectors as I think I need. And I usually buy two sizes of everything too. It still requires a second trip to Home Depot to return stuff, but I can make that second trip at my leisure when the project is done.

pilgrimchick said...

I think plumbing projects are probably the single most frustrating kind of home improvement. Yet, plumbing is so very essential. Irony.

gagknee said...

yes, plumbing projects are the worst of all home projects. when dealing with supply lines they ALWAYS leak. drain lines aren't too bad in comparison. you really have to screw it up bad for it to leak.