Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Husband is Going to Kill Me

So, I'm at a store in the parking lot and I hear crunching metal.

You know the concrete pillars that lamp posts are mounted on? Well, this person, for the sake of argument we'll say that she is a woman, was parked next to one of those lamp posts in her husbands shiny new Dodge Dakota Quad Cab.

When attempting to leave her parking space she took a really really sharp right turn and the top of the concrete pillar (about 2 feet high) got caught on the side of her husbands truck right behind the front wheel.

Now, I, at the first sound of crunching metal, will usually stop my vehicle instantly (unless of course, I am traveling at a high rate of speed and the crunching metal is caused by the first of two telephone poles I hit, but thats another story). Not this person, err, woman. She kept going. And going. Until her husbands truck was perched on the pillar and one of her husbands back tires was OFF THE GROUND. At this point she was stuck and couldn't go forward anymore, which is a good thing because she was only able to destroy the front door and not the back door. She puts it in reverse and due to the magic of a differential, the only wheel turning is the one in the air.

PUT IT IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE! my brain shouts. She must have heard me, because she did.

You should have seen the gash she put in the door. It made me laugh. I like to laugh. If I had my digital camera with me I would have taken a picture so I could laugh again in the future.

7 comments:

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...

Sheridan B. hit one of those poles head on once. I remember his truck with a giant V in the front bumper. That makes me laugh.

gagknee said...

hahaha...i remember that now...hahaha

Big A said...

When I lived in Cedarville there was this street with a stop sign right in the middle of the street (between the LH and RH turn lanes). Not being your typical town where they would spend 5 million dollars to put up a street sign, It was simply a metal post with a big rectangular concrete base - not attched to anything - the sign relied on the sheer weight of the concrete to hold it in place. That system worked great until one day this woman in a Volkswagen Jetta hit it head on. Her Momentum was just enough to tip the concrete block over which in turn got under her bumper and lifted the front end of the Jetta up off the ground. She was sitting there revving the engine trying to back up with her wheels just spinning. One of the funniest woman driver things I have ever seen.

gagknee said...

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hey, you used to own a jetta, was it your wife by any chance?

gagknee said...

i remember in cedarville that really really large cop pulled me over because i chirped my tires leaving giovannis.

i told him it was because the carb was messed up and i had to give it gas or it would stall.

Big A said...

Dude,

They were all really really large - except for the one that was really really old. Good thing it was a quiet town, because none of them would have been able to chase anybody on foot.