Thursday, November 16, 2006

J.D. Screw

Rumors are just rumors in the baseball off season and most never come true. I hope any and all rumors about the Sox signing J.D. Drew remain just rumors. The guys a stiff. And if they would give him 50 million bucks, then why not Johnny Damon? A guy who plays hard every game and doesn't miss half of every season with a groin or hamstring pull.

Here's someone more articulate than me waxing philosphic about the whole subject.

The irony of the situation to me is that I have always kind of considered Jeff Weaver and J.D. Drew to be very similar, wouldn't that be something if they BOTH ended up on the Red Sox next season!! yippee. I won't be watching.

2 comments:

Big A said...

oh I know - I'm going nuts. And guess what? If it happens, they would probably trade Manny and move Wily Moe to Left Field. So yeah, your every day lineup would have Ortiz batting third, Drew fourth, Youk fifth, and Wily 6th. ugh. Talk about underwhelming. Hope that new pitcher has an era under 2 - he's going to need it.

gagknee said...

its stupid. just plain stupid. just rumors. lets hope.