Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Stephanie Root or Millie Waddams

There's a woman at work who is a dead ringer for Milton, the character from Office Space played by Stephen Root. Except for the glasses.

The few times I've needed to speak to her (she's a team leader and one of the data enterers(?) for whom I am building something), the millisecond I step into her cube she immediately minimizes all her windows. Today she was actually typing an email and as soon as I said, "Hello", BAM! down go all the windows before she even acknowledges me. And she doesn't hit the little "Show Desktop" icon either. Every window is minimized individually, and she's fast. A real pro.




3 comments:

Rob said...

I had a red stapler in a previous job. Now I have a maroon one.

Big A said...

I always keep my mouse cureser hovering over a little corner of a work related window visible off to the side of the web browser I am in. That way, whenever somebody drops by, it's one click to cover up everything else I was doing.

gagknee said...

i dont even have a stapler. or a waste basket. and my chair is the most uncomfortable thing since a church pew.

thats a good strategy, arik.