Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Don't Call Attention to Yourself

Remember this guy? Today I had to go to the weekly meeting with the supervisors and manager, and they actually brought up something he did wrong yesterday. They were trying to be sly about what he did in front of me, probably because I am not in the inner circle, but I know what it was because I heard another person, just a regular person, in his cube yesterday telling him how stupid what he just did was. I bet if I wasn't in the room during the meeting the conversation would have been good.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. He paid a customer $26,000. Twice. Because after he paid it the first time, it didn't appear in some other screen after he did it. So he did it again. Unfortunately for him, the 42 year old mainframe can be a little slow in updating certain screens. No real harm done, except to his dignity.

No comments: