Thursday, August 21, 2008

Grumpy Old Shed

Got the double doors done last weekend. What a pain. Easily the worst part of the entire project. They came out ok. I'm not entirely happy with them. Maybe next year I'll spring for a nice set of steel double doors. Or not.

The frame of door #1.



It's made of twobafours laid flat.



Screwed together with 3 inch screws. I drilled two half inch wide holes (2nd hole not shown) about half way through the twobafour for the screws to go in. With the cross brace I attached later (cross brace not shown), the frames were pretty sturdy.



Door frame #2

Um. It's pretty much the same as the other one.



Now lets skip all of the pain and suffering that occurred whilst attaching hinges and hanging doors and trimming plywood and go straight to the finished product.





I know what you are thinking. Go ahead and ask. Here, I'll answer for you. I meant to do it. For reasons that seemed like a good idea at the time. If you have no idea what I am talking about then good.

4 comments:

Pete said...

so uhm... what were your reasons for building one skimpy door and one fat man door?

gagknee said...

so i could get the lawnmower out without having to open both doors?

Pete said...

i suppose you could also get a weed-wacker out of the other one.

gagknee said...

maybe a rake too.