Thursday, September 14, 2006

Huh?

I applied for a job today to which I received two automated response emails within 9 minutes of each other. The first thanked me for applying but said their hiring process was highly competitive and they have narrowed their choices down to other candidates who more closely fit the requirements. Okay, that's cool. Nine minutes later I receive another email (from a different address) saying that they have forwarded my information to the hiring manager and will contact me.

Sounds like Cabletron. Maybe I've found my new home!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cabletrons great!

YouWho said...

They sound easily confused. Just send back an email accepting the position and you're in! That's almost how someone we know got a job at Ctron -- he showed up on the wrong day and insisted he had an interview, so they interviewed him.

Anonymous said...

ever get e-mails from recruiters who saw your resume online and want you to apply for a position that has nothing to do with anything on your resume? (ie sales positions when you have no background in sales)

gagknee said...

i've never posted my resume online. for just that reason.

gagknee said...

youwho: i think i know who that someone is. i vaguely remember hearing that story before.

Big A said...

do I smell another "Kip" journal entry?

gagknee said...

nah nah, it wasn't kip.