Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Kip Journal FAQ


Who is Kip?

Kip is a guy I worked with at the Help Desk at Cabletron Systems for about a year spanning 1998 and 1999

Is Kip his real name?

No. I love to give people nicknames, and this one is a shortening of Kipling, as in Rudyard Kipling, because Kip tells great stories. I get a lot of blank stares when I tell people the origin of his nickname. It bothers me not. It's funny to me.

What is his real name?

That I will not tell you, other than his last name is Polish.

What is this journal?

Kip's stories were so numerous and so outrageous, I wanted to be able to save them for posterity. I shared the Journal feature in my Outlook with several other people at the Help Desk and we would all record the things that Kip said in it, for all to enjoy. I lament for the many stories I missed BJ (before Journal), but such is life.

Did you make some of this stuff up?

Absolutely not. Everything contained in the Kip journal is 100 percent true. Kip either said it or did it.

Are they direct quotations?

Direct quotations are enclosed in quotes and will typically start with "I". Everything else will be in the 3rd person. It breaks up the monotony to occasionally use a direct quote. Sometimes we will tell a story about something he did that was funny or make a simple observation. I leave you to differentiate.

Do you embellish the entries that aren't direct quotes?

Absolutely not. And I hate you for asking. Honestly, we didn't have to embellish.

I'm confused, sometimes you mention another guy named Kip.

That's not a question.

Who is this other Kip you mention from time to time?

The "other" Kip was one of the guys who had access to the Journal and we were friends with. He did not work at the Help Desk at that time. We convinced Kip that this guy was the Kip that we were forever making jokes and disparaging remarks about. It led to some funny moments where the real Kip would make fun of the fake Kip, and we would laugh not because the real Kip was super funny but because the real Kip was super dumb.

Are you ever afraid that Kip will find out about this Journal and take out his alcoholic, bong water fueled revenge on you?

I live life on the edge, and sometimes that gets a little scary. I expect that. I relish that.

Do you believe in Karma?

No.


I hope this FAQ has been helpful ~ Gagknee

2 comments:

Beastie said...

I am now ransacking my brain trying to remember who this could be....

gagknee said...

hehe...after the help desk he worked with the network guys. i forget what their group was called.