Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So, Uh, How Yuh Been?

Life's been busy the past week and a half or so effectively quashing any creative abilities I have.

Tuesday of last week, the wife and I drove down to Richmond, to look for a place to live. We had one house in mind and a bunch of townhouses and apartments. Upon our arrival we went and did a drive-by of the house before we called the landlord. It was a great house, from the outside, in a nice neighborhood, on a cul-de-sac, with a fenced in wooded backyard.

We called the landlord and left him a message, then we went around looking for the townhouses and apartments. I won't go into details about all of the ones we looked at, except I will say that the first complex we went to was ghetto. I got discouraged because this is not what I had envisioned moving my family into. It all worked out though because a few hours later the landlord called us back and we ended up renting the house.

The ride home was just lovely. I had been up for 40 hours, about 24 of that sitting in a van. Eventually, I had to let my wife drive. It's nothing against her, I just have a phobia about letting other people drive me. I couldn't sleep, but later on I attempted to drive again. Bad idea. Hallucinating while traveling at 70 mph is bad. The only other time I started hallucinating while driving was during a trip to Texas. That time I saw Jesus and Mary dancing on the highway. This time the windshield was fogging up and I could only see through a tiny hole. Of course, it wasn't really. I stopped at a rest area and reluctantly let my wife drive. I crashed hard and slept all the way until we got on 495.

11 comments:

rburnsy said...

So incase I have been out of the loop. Are you guys moving to VA for sure?

gagknee said...

you haven't been out of the loop, i just haven't been forthcoming in sharing that info with people.

but to answer your question, yes.

Anonymous said...

I've only ever hallucinated while sitting in class in college...have blacked out a time or two while driving though....once while driving a van load of freinds back from Hampton Beach...luckily the stretch of 101 I was on was striaght and the vans alignment was good....what's CWC gonna do for left center when you move to VA?

gagknee said...

ok, i'm stumped. who are you r34p3r?

i dont know what they'll do. i know i'll miss it though.

gagknee said...

and i just figured out your little moniker means reaper so googling it didn't help.

Anonymous said...

well r34p3r started out as my monkier for Halo and FEAR but I figure it might work for blogging someday though I haven't started one yet...it's on my to-do list, along with getting my home PCs on a backup cycle and making an IBM box I have into a web server (using Linux and Apache). That's all taken a back seat to finding a new job...anyway i'm 2 desks to the right and 3 desks up...at least it's gotten cool enough that I don't roast when they close the breakroom doors....

mike gagne said...

we are also losing our leadoff position which took over 2 seasons to fill.

looks like adam underwood is gonna have to play this year.

Big A said...

I know a guy who will play

gagknee said...

yup. i told adam he better buy a glove, because he's the new left center fielder.

gagknee said...

how did you find my blog r34p3r, were you trolling through the firewall logs? hehe

Anonymous said...

I may be a BOFH at times, but I actually stumbled upon your blog rather innocently. I was doing some searches on TalkDigger to see if anyone was saying anything about the company's product and on page 2 of the search I found your Oh Crud post from March. You have a great writing style which makes your blog fun to read. I hope you keep up with it in VA.