Monday, July 28, 2008

Fiddler on the Shed

You know the best part about roofing? When its all done.

I don't mean that in a facetious way. Well, maybe a little bit, but mostly I mean that it's pretty simple, although a bit physically tough, and hard to screw up, and when you are done it looks really good.

I understand why traditionally roofers are the most intoxicated of our country's tradesman. It's pretty boring work, and the buzz helps kill the pain in your calves.

Front side in progress, but mostly done. Had a little help from a friend which was appreciated.



New tool for the job, roof jacks. These suckers were only 8 bucks each at Home Depot. Money well spent. The roof is an 8/12 pitch, which simply means it is hard not to slide off.



Done. Finished on Sunday in between and during torrential downpours. As long as there's no lightning nearby...



I'm not sure why that last picture looks like crap. Must be my neighbor's aura seeping onto my property. Or my son messed with the camera. You decide.

No comments: