Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart

My daughter turned 7 on Saturday. We took her to this place called Inflation Nation with a friend from school. This is her climbing:



She has my sense of adventure without the fear of heights (and social anxiety).

Sometimes I wish she wouldn't grow up. I've been nostalgic lately and miss having little kids around. Luckily, I have old blog entries to remind me that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Anyway, about Inflation Nation. Its a really cool place and the parents are allowed to accompany young kids onto the inflatables. However, a 35 year old body isn't as flexible as a 5 year old body and I could feel stuff popping and stretching that wasn't supposed to be popping and stretching. But that wasn't the worst of it. Next time I go I need to wear more flexible undergarments, say tighty whiteys. The seam in a pair of boxers is most unforgiving. Divide and conquer is the saying I believe. Ouch.

2 comments:

EssBee said...

Now THAT is TMI. :-)

gagknee said...

hahaha. maybe.