Saturday, October 17, 2009

It was a cold and dreary day

And I got a coat of paint on the front of my house while eyeing the threatening clouds all afternoon.

I borrowed a bigger ladder from my neighbor across the street because mine is a girly 16 footer. My neighbor and his dad are originally from Vermont. The first time I met his dad I discovered he has a really thick northern New England accent. I hugged him and weeped. I stammered ayuh ayuh ayuh ayuh in disbelief for minutes.

Anyway, about the ladder. The peak in the front of the house here wasn't too bad. I don't like being up on ladders too much. My property slopes down to a creek so the back gable, which is about 4 feet higher, is going to put me so far out of my comfort zone that I will have to go on Google maps to find my way back to it.

No comments: