Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sunday was dreary too

It's amazing the difference in weather between cold, wet, dreary Sunday and today, a warm, sunny Wednesday.

Anyway, even though Sunday was just like Saturday I did manage to get the 2nd coat on the front of the house and finished the first coat on the side.

One of the things I don't like about my house is the complete lack of anything resembling architectural detail. Specifically, eaves and trim around the windows. I'd love to do that some day, but its not in the budget now. Too many other projects. One thing I would like to do is add muntins to my windows to give it a more colonial look with fake divided lights. Not sure how I am going to accomplish this yet, but I'm thinkin'.

Oh, and my new shutters arrived today! If the weather is nice this weekend, I could have the trim painted and shutters up on these two sides of the house. That would be, as they say in Poland, sweet.

2 comments:

Pete said...

your house looks really sad without trim.

gagknee said...

i can hear it crying sometimes at night.