Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fabulous Movie Review©

Step Brothers
Released: 2008
Rating: Unrated
Length: 3 hrs 23 mins
Genre: Comedy
Starring: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Richard Jenkins, Mary Steenburgen, Ian Roberts
Directed by: Adam McKay
I'm still way behind on movie reviews. How behind you ask? Here's my list:

The Professionals
Companeros
Prize Winner of Defiance, OH
Death Rides a Horse
Zulu
Kung Fu Panda
Untraceable
Get Smart
Fools Gold
Four of the Apocalypse
License to Wed
The Dark Knight
Running with Scissors
Body of Lies
Righteous Kill

Why don't you do me a favor and tell me which one you would like me to do next.

Anyway. It was brought to my attention that I forgot to review Step Brothers. To say that I was shocked to have forgotten about this movie would be an understatement. Usually the ones I like the most get bumped up the list and get reviewed right away (or the very, very bad (of course, that doesn't explain why I haven't done such toilet cloggers like Get Smart or Untraceable (maybe because they are so bad they left me speechless (that must be it (how many nested parentheses can I do before people stop caring (probably they stopped caring long long ago (of course, for someone to stop caring, they have to have actually cared at some point))))))).

So, here I am typing up this review at midnight to right the wrong which I have perpetrated against the interweb and Will Ferrell.

This movie is great.

Oh, you were looking for something more in-depth?

This movie is really great.

What? What do you want from me? (Does anybody else notice I've been talking to myself a lot lately?)

While watching Step Brothers I actually thought it was a little too silly and childish and immature (shut up) and my initial reaction was that it was just OK, but still way better than Talladega Nights. Something happened to me the next day though. I found myself laughing out loud whilst thinking about the movie (yes, my coworkers look at me funny. often) and I grew to like it more and more. That's never happened before. Usually, my opinion of a movie is formed either during the opening credits or right after the closing credits and my opinion is set in stone. Not so with Step Brothers.

That's all the nonsense I got for you tonight.
8.0 out of 10

2 comments:

cthaviland said...

I agree with you, I laughed about this movie for a couple of days afterward, as I did with "old school". Cracked me up!

gagknee said...

hehe. you're right about old school too. i just watched that again the other night.