Friday, May 22, 2009

Fabulous Movie Review©

The Dark Knight
Released: 2008
Rating: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Length: 2 hrs 32 mins
Genre: Action, Comic Book
Starring: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Caine
Cinematographer: Wally Pfister, Timothy E. Angulo, Lev Yevstratov
Yeah, so The Dark Knight is phenomenal, Heath Ledger's performance was mind-blowing, Tom Cruise is a douche, but you already know that. And I won't attempt to sound smart by repeating what every one else has said ad nauseum.

Allow me, if you will, to bring up a few negative and not so negative points, because thats what I do best. That, and suck spaghetti through my nose.

  • It's better than Batman Begins, but not by much in my estimation.
  • Maggie Gyllenhaal. Would somebody please send her back to the island of misfit toys? What happened to Katie Cruise? I have no real opinion on her other than feeling slightly bad that she is being held captive, but she was in the last movie. Continuity? Maybe this question has already been answered and I am just showing my ignorance. I still hate Tom Cruise, in case you wanted to know, and other than being caught completely by surprise by his appearance in Tropic Thunder, I have remained loyal to myself and have not watched one of his movies.
  • Two-Face seemed oddly out of place in this film. Weirdly cartoonish and over the top it seemed to me.
9.0 out of 10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tom cruise was afraid that katie had had a teenage crush on christian bale and wanted to marry him someday. he hasn't even let her see the movie.
-heidi

gagknee said...

nuh uh. is that for real??