Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fabulous Movie Review©

Fool's Gold
Released: 2/8/2008
Rating: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Length: 1 hr 53 mins
Genre: Comedy, Romantic Comedy
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be considering that Kate Hudson has the same effect on my innards as e coli, and Matthew McConaughey, gawd love'm that dope smoking fool, only makes movies that guarantee he and his agent shall get paid regardless of script quality.

While we are picking on the stars, let's move on to a few of the co-stars, Donald Sutherland is a creepy old man in this film. No surprise there. He perfected that role in the 70s and he is loathe to try anything else, because, why bother, he gets paid regardless. And Malcom-Jamal Warner-Huxtable is painful, p a i n f u l, to watch on screen.

All that being said, you could watch worse movies than Fool's Gold, like Get Smart, and you could watch worse movies starring Kate Hudson and/or Matthew McConaughey, but you wouldn't have the pleasure of blaming me for recommending this one to you. Although I'm not, really. You just think I might be. But that would probably be an incorrect assumption on your part. I gave it a 5.5. Generally, that means I didn't like it. But I could have not liked it a lot worse.
5.5 out of 10

No comments: