Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another Fabulous Movie Review


Fun with Dick and Jane

Did you know that this was a remake of a 1977 movie starring George Segal (Jack Gallo from Just Shoot Me) and Jane Fonda? I knew it was a remake but didn't know any details about it until I searched in IMDB. Do I have any desire to see the original? Nah. Not really.

This movie is pretty good, not great, but pretty good. I wish it had been more of a dark comedy than a slapstick one. It made me laugh out loud a few times. Their son, who has a Mexican nanny, speaks a lot of Spanish and talks with an accent which was good for a few laughs.

Jim Carrey is his usual self with a lot of rubberfacing and camera hogging that he always does.

There's one scene that made me bust out laughing where he goes to a job interview and I won't give out any too many details, but he is made fun of by a bunch of executives. Easily the funniest part of the movie.

The thing I will remember most about this movie is my wife beating me at Scrabble by a hundred points.

I give this movie 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments: