Wednesday, April 12, 2006

New Coworker

They hired a new coworker in my absence. She is a vegan. I have no problem with that at all. What I do have a problem with is someone with a booming voice who drones on and on and on about eating "the hormones of fear and depression" with a fanaticism that only a Jehovah's witness could love for two solid lunch breaks (today and yesterday). I left after 20 minutes yesterday, and after 10 today. She was still talking about it at the end of lunch today because I came back through the break room when I came back from going outside.

Maybe tomorrow I will eat a raw hamburg and onion sandwich for lunch. On second thought, nah. Thats just gross.

And because I try to relate all of life's little foibles to episodes of The Simpsons I leave you with a quote:

I’m a level 5 vegan. I won’t eat anything that casts a shadow.
   -Jesse Grass, “Lisa the Tree Hugger”

4 comments:

Big A said...

Figure out a way to boil a lobster in your breakroom. That way not only does she have to watch you eat an animal, she has to watch you kill it too.

gagknee said...

Ahhh. We do have a stove in our break room. Does cooking lobsters have a powerful aroma like clams or mussells? Its been a long time since I cooked a lobster and I dont want to get myself in trouble by stinking up the whole building.

Big A said...

eh, not too bad. Keep the lid closed and maybe open a window.

skape7 said...

At my first job I had a coworker who, by accident, discovered that the mere sight or slightest smell of bananas made my boss (who none of us liked) practically throw up. She proceeded to make and eat banana sandwiches in the staff room every lunch break for the next three months just to keep the boss away while we had our breaks. Brilliant...