Friday, July 07, 2006

Beer, The Root of All Evil

So, I purchased two bottles of the Squamscot Root Beer the other day. It was good, I think. The first bottle tasted a little odd. It was the water. I could distinctly taste the water separated from the root beer syrup. After gently shaking the second bottle this didn't happen again. My results are inconclusive as to how this root beer ranks in the pantheon of great root beers. Sure, I can compare it to the other Squamscot sodas, but this would be a great injustice. It needs to be drunk alongside its peers, other great root beers like IBC, Stewart's and Jones, to really be able to judge its quality. So, I will rank it amongst the other Squamscot offerings, but know this: in the not so distant future, a comparison to rock the foundations of the root beer world will be conducted.


4 comments:

Big A said...

I was at Fiddleheads the other day and discovered that they carry some of the major flavors like Root Beer, Orange, Lemon Lime, Strawberry, and Birch Beer. at $4.99 a six-pack they are hard to resist. I just wish they carried some of the other mouth-watering flavors you have described like the half and half.

I agree with you, though - the Root Beer is very good. Not as good as the Lemon Lime, though.

My son talked me into getting some Birch Beer - it was ok, but I thought it tasted a bit like cough syrup.

gagknee said...

Ooo. I haven't tried the lemon lime yet.

i had two more bottles of half and half again. that stuff. man. i want to buy a keg of it.

skape7 said...

Just stop the half and half talk would you? You'll have me dreaming about it again!

gagknee said...

i can't help it.

i'll ship you a bottle if you want.