Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fabulous Movie Review

21 Grams
This is one of those movies that came out a few years ago which I forgot about and never watched. It is a great film, and I am glad that I finally did. Sean Penn, King of Skeeze, does a great job as always. Naomi Watts has to play two roles. Kinda. She goes from upper middle class wife and mother to a crack ho. She was very convincing as a crack ho. I said to myself, that Naomi Watts, I bet she lived in a crack den for months before filming this movie, so, you know, she could really, like, get into her character. And last but not least, Benicio Del Toro, in his ugliest role ever, was stupendous.

This movie does not portray the story in chronological order and you have to pay attention. Scenes that you are watching at the beginning of the movie are essential to making sense of scenes at the end of the movie.

We didn't play any games during this movie for two reasons. One, I knew that we needed to pay attention to the movie, and two, I had been beaten in 4 games of Scrabble in a row and mentally I couldn't handle another loss.

Actually, I'm sorry. We did play a little game I like to call "Try to Figure Out What Lurleen is Shrieking at Her Boyfriend®". It's pretty fun.

4 4/8 stars out of 5

4 comments:

Rob said...

"WHY CAN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE ANDY! HE IS THE BEST! YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE MUSTANG!"

gagknee said...

thats not funny. well, the mustang part is.

stendy said...

Lurleen and company were probably trying to play the same game when they came home and heard shrieking coming out of our house. Only we know it was excellently played crack-head freaking out on-screen.

gagknee said...

thats right! i forgot about that. she WAS shrieking loud.