Saturday, July 08, 2006

Insane Radio

I turned on the TV the other day and immediately said, "Ooo! Mad TV." Then I realized it was C-SPAN. The panel of commentators they had on were otherworldy. I couldn't believe they were real.

That's a true story. Ask my wife.

Speaking of Mad TV. I can take it or leave it. Sometimes its funny and sometimes its not. The other day a commercial for the Kids in the Hall Season 1 DVD was on TV. Now, I haven't seen that show since, what, 1990? I remember it being hilarious. Would it still be today? Would I ruin a happy memory by attempting to watch it again? Hmmm.

4 comments:

skape7 said...

Isn't it funny how TV dates like that? When I think of the stuff I watched growing up - Charles in Charge, Growing Pains, Different Strokes, Who's the Boss...if I saw any of those shows again I just might have to laugh myself silly right before I throw up in my mouth.

Brian said...

We went through a KITH period with the DVR a year or two back because LNotes had never scene it. While it didn't seem as funny as when we used to watch it in college (but what does?), it is none the less still hilarious and doesn't feel dated at all.

I should probably buy all the KITH DVDs because they are so ingrained into my thought process... "Girl Drink Drunk" will forever pop into my head whenever I see someone order some fufu cocktail now.

You also need the DVDs because people will never think it is funny if you try to describe a KITH skit (they give you the "I'll just chuckle to shut him up" smile)... they need to actually see it to get the full effect (like Dave Foley being the spokesperson for "Poop").

mike gagne said...

they used to play KITH reruns on comedy central when i was in high school.

and even though they were before my time, i still thought they were hilarious.

despite all the homosexual inuendos.

maybe ill buy a season with my birthday money.

gagknee said...

-hey when they show american shows in australia do they have australian actors redub the voices like they do with american shows on the spanish channel? Or change the names of the character to more Aussie type names?