Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Cream of the Crop

[picture of cream soda bottle would go here but blogger is broken]
Why is cream soda called cream soda when really it should be called vanilla soda? I don't know. The entry in Wikipedia says that in the UK it was derived from the phrase "ice cream soda". Frankly, I think a lot of the stuff on Wikipedia is made up. Like the time I looked up information about the anterior cruciate ligament and it said "One of the ligaments that attaches the shin bone to the thigh bone." Or when I was researching Lyndon B. Johnson and it said he was the illegitimate son of a Chinese massuese and was born addicted to opium. What I do know is that the Squamscot cream soda is good. Very good. Like the root beer it deserves its own comparison against its peers. I wonder if I can get my hands on some of that clear Canadian cream soda. Probably not, but in my mind thats what I judge all cream sodas against.

5 comments:

Rob said...

That clear canadian cream soda was awesome. I only had it once at your house, but it made a lasting impression.

gagknee said...

Yeah, despite my Canadian heritage I dont really like Canada much but that cream soda...Man. Pure beverage heaven.

skape7 said...

Damn. You guys definately have more exciting drinks over there.

YouWho said...

Wikiality: http://www.powerpage.org/archives/2006/08/stephen_colbert_v_wikipedia.html

gagknee said...

hahaha. i love colbert.