Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Joys of Home Ownership and/or Fatherhood

My house has had several plumbing problems that I've had to fix since we moved in. All of them caused by poor workmanship (lousy plumber). But last night, my plumbing problems were caused by youngest son.

A little toy train was flushed down the toilet and got lodge inside. I bent a coat hanger so that it had a little hook at the end (for hooking the toy), but after 15 minutes that proved futile. So I dismantled the toilet in hopes of pushing the object out the other end.

Eventually I was able to get the train out, and the toilet back together. And it didn't leak when I was done. Nine times out of 10, in plumbing, if you take apart something that is working perfectly, with no leaks, it WILL leak after reassembly. This was my 1 time out of 10, I guess.

No comments: