Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Job

I started my new job in the other department last week. Because I am a positive type guy I will start out by listing the good qualities of my position.

1. My own office
2. 21 inch LCD monitor

Now for the bad.

1. Too numerous to list.

These people in the new department are animals. A bunch of wolves. Savages.

Today somebody came into my office all in a tizzy. I don't even know this freakin' woman's name. She was going on and on about record dates and expiration dates and firm dates and pay dates and the program did something automatically and wah wah wah. I didn't know what to say or even what program she was talking about (they have dozens of ancillary programs written in every language under the sun from vb6 to python to PHP), so I said the only thing that popped into my head, "Do I look like I know what the difference between a record date and a firm date is?"

2 comments:

skape7 said...

Yeah, I love my job too.

gagknee said...

do you work for centrelink?