Tuesday, August 29, 2006

America "Runs" on Dunkin

Speaking of celebrity voiceovers, have you noticed who is doing the new Dunkin Donuts commercials? John Goodman. I don't think he "runs" on anything. More like walk. Listening to his voice while a sausage sandwich appears on the screen doesn't make me want to go out and get one. It makes me want to get a bowl of raisin bran and then go jogging. He's got that voice echo going on like Andre the Giant too where his throat is so large everything he says reverberates and by the end of the sentence you can't figure out what he said. Honestly, I can't believe he is still alive. To this day, thinking of he and Roseanne getting romantic on the TV show of the same name makes me curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb while mumbling "Oh god no" over and over. Why would I be thinking of that? Why does a Vietnam vet become suddenly paralyzed by past memories of tunnels in the jungle? It's not a choice, its a curse.

3 comments:

Rob said...

New England runs on Dunkin. I am always surprised by the number of Dunkin shops when I return home for a visit.

rburnsy said...

There might be one right near your parents house by the next time you come home. One is going to be built were Triangle Motors use to be.

Rob said...

That is just what my dad needs... a Dunkin within canoe paddling distance.