Friday, August 11, 2006

My Son's a Junkie

The youngest boy, now a year and a half old, has a quickly expanding vocabularly. Two of his newest words are truck and his universal word for snack, "crack" or "crackcrack". He started using that word when asking for crackers, but it has evolved into being used for anything that he wants to eat. Sometimes he will even surprise us by coming out with sentences, "I'm all done", for example.

Yesterday I was on the phone and he was desperately trying to get some saltwater taffy that was on the counter. Reaching up as far as he could with both arms, repeating "crackcrack" over and over, pulling on my pant leg, and even getting a small stool for reaching even farther.

I hung up the phone, turned around and looked at him. He looked up at me and said as clear as day, "I need crack."

No comments: