Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Heat: It's About the Police

You might be wondering what my title means. I am watching the movie Heat right now. One of my all time favorites. My daughter just woke up and asked me what I was watching. "Heat" was my response which got me a "What?". I had to quickly explain to her what the title meant.

A few interesting things to note about Heat, Hank Azaria, voice of Moe Szyslak, Chief Wiggum, Frink, etc. plays the extra marital love interest of Val Kilmer's wife and a stool pigeon. Also, Tone Loc, performer of the most recited rap song of all time, Wild Thing*, is a snitch in the film. I got to thinking with all of the "celebrities" who do voice overs for commercials these days why hasn't he done one yet? That voice is cool and instantly recognizable to anyone. Come to think of it, he probably already has and I just don't remember.

Al Pacino and Robert De Niro are paired together for the first time I believe, and in my opinion Pacino overacted just a bit during the movie, especially in the first half, except for the scene where the two of them are talking to each other in a diner. Brilliant. De Niro has always been one of my favorites anyway.

Crap! I just realized my brother has The Deer Hunter. I would watch that next if it was here. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels coming right up. It's a shame that Guy Ritchie fell into the black bottomless hole pit of Madonna's um, private parts, and he won't ever make a good movie again.

Wow. The greatest gunfight in a movie ever.

This post goes into the category of "Inane Babbling". If my wife was here all of this is what I would be talking about. Aren't you lucky?

Man, I wish I had some popcorn.

*Bust A Move by Young MC is 2nd followed by Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble by the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff. It's too bad the Fresh Prince's wife doesn't let him play with Jazzy Jeff anymore.

7 comments:

Big A said...

Heat is near the top of my all-time-favorite-movies list. It is the first DVD that I ever bought - 2 years before I bought a DVD player for my TV.

I own it on DVD and can watch it whenever I want, and yet whenever I come across it on TV I usually drop what I am doing and watch it.

gagknee said...

It was one of the first DVDs I bought too. Actually, my wife got it for me Christmas along with a couple of others and our first DVD player.

Rob said...

Guido and I saw it in the theater.

gagknee said...

THAT would be cool. That gunfight with a good movie theater sound system.

I've always thought a good idea for a business would be to have a movie theater that showed older movies. I know I would pay a couple of bucks to go see that in a theater again.

Rob said...

The only bad thing is that the theater was packed and we had to sit in the front row.

Pete said...

a girl that used to go to my school was robert de niro's niece.

gagknee said...

i bet you've rubbed elbows with a lot of celebrity relatives at your hoity toity little school.