Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pretty Good Week

I had a surprisingly pretty good week at work. The new cube definitely cuts down on walk-ins.

The first half of the week I built a "dashboard" for my boss in ASP.NET. My web skills have gotten rusty in the past 5 months. The first few hours of this project were torturous. I downloaded a free graph control, actually I downloaded two. The first was more customizable because it included the source code, but I didn't have the time or wherewithal to make it do what I wanted. So, I eventually went with the 2nd choice. It seems silly to me that I would have to use free stuff when I work for a multi-billion dollar company.

The second half of the week I wrote a program in Visual Basic 6 that will screen scrape the mainframe and then compare the results to another screen on the mainframe. It was an interesting exercise.

No comments: