Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Nife or Knew Knife

I got the Gerber Obsidian. It's smaller than I thought it was going to be, which I was disappointed with at first, but it negates the need for the smaller knife I was planning to get for pocket carrying duties. Now, I can set my sights on a fixed blade knife.

I thought about the Freeman but at 8 1/4 inches it seems a bit small for a fixed blade.

















A serrated blade comes in handy so I like the Big Rock for that, but I am skeptical about the soft grip. Plus, it has a butcher knife look to it.















The size and classic styling of the Steadfast is appealing, but a serrated blade is absent.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

do you wear these on your belt?

gagknee said...

yeah, which i admittedly wouldn't do very often. never been a big fan of strapping gear to myself. not even one of those fancy cell phone belt clips.

Heidi said...

a former fiancee bought me a knife once from that knife shop in the Fox Run Mall...the one with all the swords and shit...it was a tiny knife. pun intended.

EssBee said...

What do you need a knife for again?

gagknee said...

haha. one would have to seriously wonder about any guy who buys his fiancee a knife. unless she specifically asked for it.

generally, knives are used for cutting things. specifically, a fixed blade knife could be used whilst camping to chop up medium sized branches into kindling. or to skin a rabbit.

Big A said...

Plus a knife is a good thing to have when your gun runs out of bullets.

gagknee said...

exactly, big a. excellent point.