Thursday, July 16, 2009

Keeping Track of the Books I've Read

A Good Man is Hard to Find ~ Flannery O'Connor
I don't normally like collections of short stories as they too often remind me of the stuff written by angsty lesbians that I was forced to read in college. This collection, however, was good, and I am glad that I accidentally started reading it before I knew it was short stories.







The Violent Bear It Away ~ Flannery O'Connor
Eh, I wasn't too impressed. It shoulda coulda been a short story, but then again what do I know?









Sartoris/Flags in the Dust ~ William Faulkner
Pretty dry, I thought, and probably not worth reading on its own, but when you take into account that many of Faulkner's novels are intertwined then it's kind of essential.








Sanctuary ~ William Faulkner
Hard to believe that Faulkner didn't like this book because he wrote it to make money. It's excellent. This reviewer doesn't agree with me, but that's okay. I don't like to have the same opinions as jackasses anyway.

No comments: