Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fabulous TV Review©

Eastbound & Down
Released: 2009
Rating: Unrated
Length: 3 hrs 0 min
Genre: Comedy, TV
Starring: Danny McBride, Katy Mixon, John Hawkes, Andrew Daly, Ben Best
Producer: Adam McKay, Chris Henchy, David Blake Hartley
Writer: Jody Hill
I stumbled upon this TV show by accident (I think it appeared in the Netflix new releases feed) and I was initially excited because Will Ferrell produces it! But then I realized, ugh, Will Ferrell produces it. Later on I was thinking about Blades of Glory and remembered that Will Ferrell produces Eastbound & Down too! But Semi-Pro was on TV one night which reminded me that Will Ferrell is the producer of Eastbound & Down.

As you can tell, I am very conflicted about Will Ferrell, but I decided to add this to my queue and I watched the first season a few nights ago. As my 7 out of 10 rating will tell you, I thought it was good. A few laugh out loud moments, but mostly chuckles. It didn't gnaw its way into my brain (in a good way) like Flight of the Conchords, but I was entertained.

Its crude too. Just warning ya in case such things offend you. And also, Danny McBride, the star, can NOT throw a baseball. He doesn't short arm it like a lot of actors who can't throw do. He even rares his arm all the way back and you think for a second that he can throw, but right at the release point he does this weird wrist flicking motion and doesn't follow through. Very strange.
7 out of 10 (Good)

No comments: