Tuesday, May 16, 2006

5950

Not the name of the new Van Halen album or the title of a movie set in the future where women rule the planet and all men are castrated at age 13, except for a select few who are used for breeding, and forced to work in sulfur mines deep under the earth, but the total cost of the gas I purchased this morning, $59.50.

I was really empty. Really empty. The only gas left in the vehicle by the time I made it to Irving was in the fuel lines, empty. This is proven by the fact that I have an 18 gallon tank in my truck but I managed to squeeze 20.244 gallons into it. Amazing.

6 comments:

Rob said...

You can tell its low when you hear the gas from the nozzle splashing against the bottom of the tank.

soccerkcs said...

It'll make you sick--Jen and I were in Wyoming this weekend to meet with my mom and Grandma and paid $2.56 a gallon! Still too high, but at least cheaper.

Rob, remember the night that we had fun toilet papering the Kennedy's and Parent's and we pushed your old Mazda truck out of the driveway and down Stackpole Road. I think that night when we got gas we heard it splashing against the bottom. Gotta love the memories!

Big A said...

What makes me sick is putting $20 into my suburban and the needle doesn't even move out of the orange. I can't tell you when the last time I filled it up was. At 44 gallons, it's just too much...

skape7 said...

Hm...you were remarkably specific about that movie.

gagknee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gagknee said...

we pushed it down stackpole so my parents wouldn't hear us leave. hahaha. funny.

skape7: my imagination...she's way to overactive.