Monday, May 22, 2006

Things I Would Like to Be

If I wasn't what I am now, in no particular order:


  1. GNCC ATV Racer

  2. A handy man. You know, some guy who fixes just about anything to do with houses without ripping people off.

  3. Owner of a miniature golf course, called Andyland.

  4. ATV/Motorcycle mechanic.

  5. Sanitation Engineer. The guy who gets to ride on the back of the garbage truck is a lucky man. So why does he always look so unhappy?

  6. Cartoonist or comic strip guy.

  7. Brewer. Patriot. Like Samuel Adams.

  8. Civil Engineer. What boy doesn't want to build bridges and tunnels?

  9. UPS Driver. Any job where you get to drive with your door open is cool with me.

  10. Late Night Talk Show Host. I could totally do a better job than Jimmy Kimmel.

  11. Oops. I meant to keep the list to ten... Major League Baseball player.


10 comments:

Rob said...

I am reasonably confident that I will have the opportunity to try out a couple of the less glamorous examples before the end of my career.

Pete said...

UPS guys have it good.
you wouldn't think that not having A/C in those trucks would have perks, but i've always wanted to go 70mph with no door.

skape7 said...

Nice job! Mechanic and Cartoonist were two choices of mine as well - they didn't quite make my top ten though. I like that you want to be a handyman who's honest too, says a lot about your character.

Um, and I think maybe the garbo on the back of the truck is unhappy cause it SMELLS. You know in Oz, they don't even have to leave their seats in the truck because the trucks are fully automated to lift the bins and dump the contents - the driver just has to line up the side of the truck with the bin in the right spot. And they still get paid really well.

It WOULD be cool to ride on the back of a truck like that though.

mike gagne said...

irrelevant, but your cat killed a chipmunk?

geesh.

Big A said...

I would have thought that Andyland would be a full-blown amusement park. Or at the least it should also have batting cages and go-karts. And maybe a dunk tank.

mike gagne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mike gagne said...

oh, and jimmy kimmel is ten times better than leno.

1. conan
2. letterman
3. kimmel
4. leno
5. carson daly
6. craig ferguson

craig ferguson is last because i have never watched him.

gagknee said...

As someone who nearly failed Algebra 1 and 2 and Geometry and miserably failed Statistics, twice, in college, Civil Engineer is completely out.

wit: plus, the ladies love the UPS man.

skape7: handyman is going to be my job when I become a millionaire. something to keep me busy, but i dont have to make a lot of money at it, or maybe when all the kids are moved out.

gaglicious: he didn't just kill it. he toyed with it for an hour. he would let it try to escape and then pounce on it, pick it up in his mouth and fling it. then do it all over again. And you are right, Kimmel is better than Leno, but I stand by my statement that I could be better than Kimmel.

big A: oh yeah. definitely go karts and batting cages. and the owners go kart will have a 250cc 2 stroke motor in it.

Big A said...

remember when your goal in life was to get on the David Letterman show?

gagknee said...

i sent a hundred letters trying to get mine read.