Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I have a problem

Have you ever had a problem where the more you think of it and try not to do it, the more you do?

Yeah, me too. It involves the English language and if you've read this blog or had the privilege or receiving personal email from me you've probably witnessed it.

I screw up words that sound the same (or almost the same) but are spelled different.

There, they're, their

Where, wear

Your, you're

Even, no and know

Sadly, I KNOW the right way to use each word. I think its just my brain playing jokes on me. Or karma, for making fun of so many people.

Update:

Hear, here
Write, right

4 comments:

Big A said...

how about affect and effect?

Rob said...

For some reason I frequently leave the "r" off "your". As in, "You house is going to float away in the Salmon Falls River."

gagknee said...

affect and effect...i usually screw those up not by accident, but because I don't know the difference. Whenever I am writing something important, I always have to look them up. the problem is their definitions aren't much different from each other either.

gagknee said...

Ok. I got it.

Affect = verb
Effect = noun

So simple, yet I will forget in a week.