Thursday, May 04, 2006

Miscellany

I taught my wife how to drive my truck last night, it's a stick shift and she's never driven one before. She did very well. Only stalled it a couple of times and didn't make the rookie mistake of revving the engine up to 5000 rpms and letting the clutch out slooow. My sister does that. Even now.

Once when I was kid, probably around 8 or 9, my mother packed 4 kids in a Chevy Citation with a stick shift so that she could buy cigarettes. She didn't know how to drive it and we lurched and stalled and bucked and squealed all the way to the store. I was very embarassed and also absolutely convinced that I could drive it better.

This softball season is not going to be as fun as the last three.

Lurleen knocked on our door at 10pm last night. We didn't answer it. What a looser (misspelled on purpose. I imagine that's how she spells it).

My grass is finally starting to grow. I can't wait to use my new mower. I thought about how appropriate the brand name "Weedeater" is when used on my lawn.

Virginia never looked as good as it does right now.

The other day I overheard Lurleen (her voice has no volume control) tell her boyfriend that their daughter opened the curtains when Lurleen was walking around the house "butt naked." I threw up in my mouth. That got me to thinking though, who would I prefer to see naked, Lurleen or Butch. I decided on Butch because at least she bathes and her skin wouldn't glisten. Its the lesser of two evils really. Where Lurleen might induce blindness in both eyes, the worst Butch could do is effect one eye.

I am glad Johnny Demon got booed.

I have a new supervisor at work. Someone told me once that you never know who you might end up working for someday. So true.

I need to fix my motorcyle and ride my 4 wheeler more often.

As sacrilegious as this may sound, I am still not into the baseball season yet. I barely check my fantasy baseball teams and really when I do its just to make sure nobody is on the disabled list.

Back in the day swimming in the quarry in Wells was fun.

Life is tough.

10 comments:

mike gagne said...

you know you said "stick-sh*t" right? ha

Big A said...

why won't Softball be fun this year?

mike gagne said...

hes just mad christian is back.

Pete said...

your profanity is distasteful.

gagknee said...

oops. its fixed.

skape7 said...

In Aus "stick shift" is called "manual". I wouldn't drive anything else, cause it's waaaaay more fun. If I could choose to be anything in the world, I would choose racing car driver.

mike gagne said...

i am still really excited for this softball season.

seeing how well we can match up against A-teams.

and it seems like we'll still be playing the C-teams, so those games will be fun.

i cant wait.

gagknee said...

i prefer a "manual" too. they are getting harder to find here though.

Well, if we ARE going to play some C teams then we should have a little fun.

Rob said...

Riding ATVs is an excellent way to understand the basics of shifting a manual transmission.

Swimming in the quarry is one of my fondest memories.

Central Virginia (ie Richmond) is looking better to me every day.

gagknee said...

yup it is. i am going to take her out on mine as soon as we get a sitter/day free.

i figured i could probably find a mid 90s 300EX pretty cheap for her too. Although, 250EX's used are going for less than 2 grand nowadays so thats probably the better option anyway. Or give her the 400 and buy myself a 450 :)

Central Virginia is where its at.