Friday, May 26, 2006

When's the Pep Rally?

The ratio of women to men in the company that I work for is very high. 5 to 1 maybe. I dunno. I say this because it is only in this kind of environment where the concept of "Spirit Days" would be thought of and implemented.

Yes. We spent the last three days (not all day, just a couple of hours each) celebrating and enhancing our company spirit.

Everybody was split into 4 teams each designated by a color and each team member had a bandana that they had to wear of that color. They elected ME team captain. Nice. Thanks. Anyway, we had to make a flag and complete a scavenger hunt and a bunch of other stuff.

To make a long boring story shorter and funnier, each day we had some type of "clothing" we had to wear. Wednesday was sports attire, Thursday was crazy hat day and today was international.

Can you spot me in this picture? Its from Wednesday, sports attire.











Here is my crazy hat that I made on Thursday













On Friday, I was a samurai. Those fake Japanese symbols are hand painted by the way













I have a hard time interacting with other humans sometimes, but I also like to make a fool of myself. So I was equal parts annoyed with and enjoying Spirit Days. It is a little corny though, but it is nice not having to think about work while at work.

Oh yeah, and guess what I won for being an idiot or as they called it, Most Spirited. An iPod Nano. Nice.





9 comments:

mike gagne said...

i hope youre not trying to grow a mustache again.

Big A said...

I didn't realize that robbing trains was a "sport". I would think of it as more of an occupation.

gagknee said...

i'm kinda, my boss is a dwight fan, and he gave me the picture and i felt like i had to put it up.

naw, i have a cold sore and cant shave

we all had to wear bandanas, i just decided to be creative with mine.

Big A said...

the guy standing next to you (don't want to use names) doesn't look very spirit-filled. isn't he one of the owners?

mike gagne said...

where is the leprechaun guy?

and that yankees fan up top looks pretty nerdy.

Pete said...

i wish i got free technology for being an idiot.
instead, all i get are awkward looks by people that i don't know.

gagknee said...

big a, if you are talking about the guy in the gray shirt then you would be correct and he WASNT very spirity. he was probably thinking of all the money he was losing.

gagnasty, i call the yankees guy Ned Flanders, actually Evil One came up with that. Angry Leprechaun was upstairs getting angry at a computer.

wit, stay in school, pay your dues, never give up the dream of being an idiot and someday you too could reap all the rewards.

Rob said...

You are living the dream.

gagknee said...

inept management is my only real complaint, but that happens everywhere, i know.