Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two Fabulous Movie Reviews

Lost in Translation

Yes I realize this movie came out 2 years ago, but I wasn't dying to see it, and we actually got it free of charge from the library.

This movie was just aight for me, dawg. I just wasn't feelin it.

Japanese culture is bizarre, I've always thought that, and not good bizarre like Tom Green, bad bizarre like a 1950s mental institution. To me, the Japanese culture in this movie was its own character, and that's the part of the movie really liked. Bill Murray is good and so is Scarlett. Some people may really enjoy Lost in Translation, but none of those people would be me.

Two games of Yahtzee, one a tie (I've never seen that happen before) and one my wife killed me.

Lost in Translation technically earns 2.25 stars out of 5, but I will bump it up to 2.4 because it was FREE. I'm probably being a little hard on it, but since most people have already seen it or decided that they will never see it, I don't care.

X-Men: The Last Stand

What can I say? I'm no comic book geek, but I enjoy a great movie as much as the next guy. This is a great movie. You should see it. Even if you wait until the DVD comes out. The fact that they were able to pull off a trilogy and still maintain the quality is astounding. Of course, they didn't actually have to write anything because they just use the comic books as source, right?

The next movie as a prequel to before the school was founded and Magneto and the Professor still got along would be a nifty movie I think.

No games (We were at the theater). I take that back. I played "How Long Can I Go Without Peeing After Drinking 11 Sodas in a 5 Hour Span".

4.25 stars out of 5

4 comments:

Big A said...

you seem to have problems with drinking soda and not being able to pee.

soccerkcs said...

I saw "Lost in Translation" a few years ago and yawned through it! I remember that I didn't like it and don't remember why. I think I just placed it out of my memory!

skape7 said...

I'm glad you liked X-Men, I want to see that too and was then in two minds since our local paper didn't rate it particularly highly. So every recommendation helps my cause!

I remember when I went to see the third Lord Of The Rings movie - very heavily pregnant - I was absolutely busting for the toilet about 20 minutes from the end and the movie just kept going and going and GOING. You have never seen a woman "with child" move as fast as I did when the credits started to roll!

gagknee said...

i cant imagine why it would get a bad review...unless, your local paper is run by hoity toity stuck up people.

go see it. you will like.

women with child are surprisingly agile i've noticed.