Monday, May 22, 2006

Fabulous Movie Reviews

Four Brothers
Four brothers (by adoption) avenge their mother's death. Marky Mark stars as the "head" brother. This is a great movie, although I still don't quite understand why the mother was murdered. The plot moved well and it didn't have (m)any "what the?? thats stupid!" moments. There were some touching moments, some good action sequences, a plot twist, a few surprises and a guy sitting on a crapper, you know, all the stuff that goes into making a good movie. There was occasional overacting by a few of the characters, but nothing that made me cringe.

My wife and I played no games during the viewing of Four Brothers. Sorry.

I give this movie 3 5/8 stars out of 5.


Spanglish
Is it weird to see Adam Sandler in this kind of movie? Yes. I loved Punch Drunk Love, which Sandler was also in, and I loved (well, somewhere between liked and loved, maybe, really really liked) this movie too.

Sandlers character, John Clasky, is a very successful chef with a psycho wife, an alcoholic MIL, two kids, and a Mexican maid who also has a daughter. Hilarity ensues. Oh wait no, DRAMA ensues. Its still a good movie though. It'll make you cry too. No, I kid, although, the sandwich Clasky made at one point during the movie did, because I realized I would never ever be able to eat something so delicious in my life.

Again, no games, but this is good, because I could concentrate more on the movie allowing me to give it 3 7/16 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Big A said...

I did not really care for Spanglish. I don't know why - Maybe I was expecting it to be funny or something. The acting was pretty good, but I just didn't like the story that much.

Plus, I am always disturbed by movies where the wife is nuts. I'm not sure why that is either.

gagknee said...

It is a little disturbing.