Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Visitors

We have family staying with us, specifically my mother, brother and sister, because they live on Salmon Falls Road in Somersworth which is closed.

Last night as I was falling asleep, I heard what I thought were noises outside. Growling noises I guess. To my overactive imagination it sounded like the bear, Ben, from Grizzly Adams. You know, when they would talk to each other. We've had bears before and I desperately want to capture them on camera.

Unfortunately, nothing was out there when I peered out my window so I sadly plopped myself back down on the pillow.

Later on, I realized that the noise I heard was my mother snoring in the next room.

2 comments:

skape7 said...

My mother in law and niece (who lives with her) came to visit once, when my daughter was younger. My little one had been sleeping through the night nicely, but when our visitors came, she started waking constantly. I couldn't work it out until one night I walked past their room to check on my daughter who was in the very next room and heard my mother in law snoring and my niece grinding her teeth. The noise was PHENOMENAL.

Rob said...

This reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Bart and Lisa get lost in the woods after a field trip to the capital and come across a family living in the woods. The patriarch of the family claims he got lost in the woods and married a bear. When the wife protests, he says "rar-rar she bear."

I love the Simpsons.