Friday, March 03, 2006

Insomniac

I hold the Guinness Book of World Records for two things, number of consecutive nights falling asleep on the couch and fastest time falling asleep on the couch, but sometimes when I get into bed I cannot fall asleep. Last night was one of those nights.

I watched a little of Conan O'Brien, until Nicollette Sheridan came on, then I found Korea vs. Chinese Taipei in the World Baseball Classic. Korea won, 2-0, in what could only be described as a boring game. And I was thinking while watching it, I could totally hit that pitcher. Hee Seop Choi was on the Korean team which is remarkable only because he is a full 6 inches taller than the next tallest guy on the team.

I flipped through the channels and found The Bernie Mac Show. Bernie Mac is a funny show that I really like to watch, but it is also one of those shows, like Scrubs, that I never plan to watch, I never know when its on, and I only catch it by accident. In this episode Bernie takes his nephew, Jordan, down to the barber shop to expose him to the world of men. That night at the dinner table he is repeating some of the things he heard at the barber shop. The funniest being, "We talked about how the first thing a black man in the NBA does is get a new car and a white girl." This of course gets Bernie in trouble with his wife, Wanda, and Bernie has to teach Jordan about the code, whatever you hear at the barber shop, stays at the barber shop.

Next up, another World Baseball Classic game was Japan vs. China. I KNOW I could hit that Chinese pitcher. Ichiro Suzuki was on the team and Kawasaki was playing shortstop. I dont know where Honda and Yamaha were, probably sitting on the bench. I finally fell asleep and China was actually winning 2-0. Too bad I didn't stay awake, Japan ended up killing them 18-2. The game actually was called in the 8th because of the mercy rule. Haha.

4 comments:

Rob said...

That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Milhouse and Bart are pretending to be Asian baseball stars. But to be fair, everything reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons.

gagknee said...

Me too, my friend, me too.

mike gagne said...

Ichiro was only 1 for 6 against that chinese pitcher.

gagknee said...

i think he was just rusty.